Friday, September 28, 2012

Welcome New Partner: Learn To Be

The EAST class is excited to welcome, Learn To Be as an EAST Partner.  They offer free on-line tutoring in reading, math, and science.  Learn more about Learn To Be at http://www.learntobe.org/

Tutors will be assisting EAST students in project/software tutorial reading as well as project writing and research.  The parnter will also help start, King EAST Young Scientist (KEYS), a sister project to King EAST Young Preservationist (KEYP) that promotes students as technology trainers.  Learn more about these and other partner activities by clicking the Partners Tab.

4 comments:

  1. Tutor Introduction

    My name is Alyssa and I'm a second-year undergraduate student at the University of Texas in Austin where I am majoring in economics. I was born and raised in Houston, Texas. My favorite core subjects are English and History. In my free time, I like to read but I also enjoy spending time outdoors and playing sports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tutor Introduction

    Natasha
    I am a 4th year at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. I am studying physics and astronomy which is the study of how things in the solar system work and why. Besides tutoring and studying I am the president of a dance team here at Cornell. I look forward to working with all you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tutor Introduction

    My name is Steven. I'm currently in the School of Undergraduate Studies (University of Texas at Austin) and I am undeclared (major).
    >
    I have interests in playing ping pong, programming, playing piano. But also some other things that don't start with 'P' such as drawing and writing.
    >
    I got involved with Learn to Be mainly because I really enjoy helping people learn. I find great satisfaction in helping people understand something.
    >
    When they reach that epiphany and go "I got it!", it just makes my day. So through LTB I hope to polish my skills in tutoring and work to make my sessions more fun and rewarding.
    >

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tutor Introduction

    Hi, My name is Nathan. I am an Economics and Asian Studies major at the University of Texas at Austin. I am currently in my second year. In my free time, I love to play video games (I love the Elder Scrolls series), collect things (like coins, rocks, keychains, and even Hot Wheels), and read (I especially love Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie). I am overall a very open person and love to tutor.

    ReplyDelete